The project The Impact of Sandplay and Storytelling on Children‘s Learning and Emotional-Behavioral Development is granted by Erasmus+ as a project with multiple beneficiaries for the years 2014 - 2017.
The project involves following activities that will take place during the project time:
- Presentation and implementation of sandplay and storytelling as a tool to initiate imaginative thinking and creative expression among pupils in mainstream and special need education. Implementation will take place in all three countries and will be presented for teachers in workshops and with an introductory handbook under the name Sandtray Play in Education.
Implementation of sandplay and storytelling as a therapeutic method for students who have disabilities such as poor learning skills or attention and/or emotional problems.
- Research project on sandplay and storytelling as a therapeutic method for students who have disabilities such as poor learning skills or attention and/or emotional problems. In each participating country 4 pupils come to 12 sessions each year. Battery of standardized tests and scales administrated by a psychologist in the beginning and at the end of the project.
The participant organizations come from Iceland, Ireland and Romania and are the following:
- Artunsskoli and Abæjar and Grafarholts Service Center, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Kristin Unnsteinsdottir, Erna Matthiasdottir, Rannveig Andresdottir, Svanlaug D. Thorarensen and Þorgeir Magnusson
- Ennis National School, Ennis, Ireland
- Siobhan Whyte, Anne Mc Mahon, Liz Spring, Padraig Kelly and Aideen de Faoite
- Scoala Gimnaziala nr. 156 and C4C, Bucharest, Romania
- Simona Danciu, Ionel Puscasand and Daniela Androşcă.